SA continues to recycle

By Jean Dobrzynski

NIU’s Student Association is organizing a recycling program beginning today and lasting until May 10 for those NIU faculty and students with an over abundance of end-of-the-year used papers.

Rachel Vallenga, assistant director of SA recycling, said the SA will place black bins for paper around DuSable, Reavis and Wirtz halls. Bins also will be placed outside some of the residence halls.

Notebooks, old tests, envelopes and computer printouts can be placed in these bins, Vallenga said.

“If the professors do not want to put confidential material in the bins, for obvious reasons, they can call the SA office and we will pick it up between May 6 and May 17,” she said.

Vallenga also said the residence hall curb-side pickup will take place this Saturday at the usual time. However, next week it will be changed to Friday, May 10, because of the early closing of the residence halls.

“If students want individual pickups from their floors, they can call the SA office as well as the professors,” she said.

“This is the first year we have done this so I don’t know how much to expect,” she said. “I’m hoping for a big turnout.”

Anyone who wants a confidential pickup or has further questions can call the SA office at 753-9920.