Greek Rush scheduled

On Jan. 27 the Delta Omicron Chapter will be hosting a third annual “Pink and Green Extravaganza.” Also, for all women interested in Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc., there will be a Rush tentatively scheduled for Sunday, Jan. 28.

Submissions requested

The AU Review, Aurora University’s tri-annual publicaton, is welcoming submissions of short stories, poetry, serious essays, and criticisms in all areas of study.

Manuscripts must be postmarked no later than Feb. 15 to warrant consideration. Submissions should be sent to: Editors, AU Review, Aurora University, Aurora, IL 60506. For more information call (708) 844-3685.

Religious classes offered

The Newman Center Religious Studies Program is offering nine courses this semester, with classes beginning the week of Jan. 29 and meeting at the Newman Catholic Student Center.

Anyone interested can register at the Newman Center office. For more information call 758-6667.

Quintet performance

Charlotte’s Web for the Performing Arts presents the Rockford Chamber Players Brass Quintet at at 3 p.m. Feb. 18 in the Second Congressional Church, 318 N. Church St., Rockford.

Tickets are available at J.R., Appletree Records and Digitals. Tickets are $5 for students, $3 for senior citizens and free for children under 12. For more information call 877-0099.

Faculty member chosen

NIU’s educator Michael Tunnel has been named to the prestigious, 15-member national committee to select the 1990 Newberry Award winning children’s book. The committee meets twice a year in Chicago and selects several works as “honor books.” The Newberry Award ceremony is scheduled for July 1991 in Atlanta.

Piano recital

There will be a Faculty Recital highlighting William Koehler on piano at 8 p.m. today in the Recital Hall in the Music building. For more information call 753-1551.

Engineering job fair

There will be an Engineering Job Fair at 10 a.m. Feb. 22 in the Carl Sandburg ballroom of the Holmes Student Center. For more information call Amar Basavatia at 758-6763.

Scholar to lecture

George Keller, one of America’s leading scholars of higher education, will give a lecture on “The Importance of Strategic Planning for Continuing Higher Education Leadership” at 7 p.m. Jan. 29 in the Sky Room of the Holmes Student Center. For more information call 753-6916.