SA to state views on Constitution requirement

By Dana Netzel

Student Association senators will voice their opinions on the deletion of the Constitution test requirement at the last senate meeting of the fall semester.

The senate will meet Sunday at 6 p.m. in the Holmes Student Center’s Sky Room.

The Constitution test requirement has been debated in the Faculty Assembly, but the senators have not formally stated their views on the requirement.

In addition, SA Public Relations Adviser Chris Hudders will ask the SA to accept his resignation. Hudders said he plans to resign from the SA due to time constraints and slipping grades. SA committee advisers are appointed for a two-semester term.

The position will be advertised and filled as soon as possible, SA Vice President Steve Coloia said.

Coloia, who also is Internal Affairs Committee Adviser, will discuss a proposal to change the structure of the Students’ Legal Advisory Committee. “It’s a small bylaw change,” he said.

SA President Huda Scheidelman will discuss the process of appointing senators to the University Council. The proposal will “allow for vacancies to be filled,” Scheidelman said.

The student advisory committee appoints seven alternates to the University Council, however, if these appointments are not made, the seats are left vacant. Scheidelman’s proposal will allow the SA president to make the appointments if nominations are not received before April 15 each year.