Public invited to test chili

The 11th annual Chili Shoot-out will be held Saturday at the Moose Club, 4301 North Main Street, Rockford. The public is invited and there is a $1 donation. Over 40 local chili cooks will brew their individual recipes which will be judged and sold.

Brown bag luncheon

A brown bag lunch/colloquium is scheduled from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. on Wednesday in Watson Hall Room 110. Dragan Milovanovic will be the speaker of the Sociology Dept. sponsored program. For more information call Kevin Anderson at 753-6436.

Football MVP to be named

ABC and CBS television networks will choose the Most Valuable Player of various college and university football teams, offensive or defensive, in their 1989-90 televised National Collegiate Athletic Association football games.

The Chevrolet Scholarship Program will then contribute $1,000 to the players’ schools’ general scholarship funds to reward students for their academic achievements and to assist those in financial need.

Student wins scholarship

Mike King is this year’s CenCor Temporary Services $1,000 college scholarship winner. King is a sophomore at NIU studying marketing. He worked for CenCor this summer as a CRT operator.

Former student named VP

Carl G. Jacobson has been named vice president and chief administrative officer of Opus North Corporation, a leading Chicago area real estate development firm based in Rosemont, IL.

Jacobson graduated from NIU with a Bachelors of Science degree in mathematics. He returned to NIU to earn his masters degree in accounting, and scored 14th in the nation on the CPA exam.