Perspective to focus on readership

By Lucas Skye

The Perspective section needs to focus more on its readers. Since beginning at the Northern Star I knew that I wanted to become the Perspective Editor. This desire was fueled by my need to create a positive impact on the student body and local community. I found the Perspective section was the best place for me to fulfill this aspiration.

My primary goals for the Perspective section is to inform our readers and to give members of the public a voice and platform to be heard. The Northern Star is more than a bi-weekly student newspaper; it’s a catalyst for change, a place where people can create a difference in their communities and get their ideas and voices acknowledged.

To facilitate this, I enthusiastically encourage our readers to send letters to the editor detailing their thoughts on the topics we have and are currently covering. I also look forward to reading the tips readers send in on topics they would like to see the Northern Star cover.

Although the section is undergoing a change of editors, some things will remain the same. Above all, I, along with the Perspective staff, will spare no effort to ensure that all the standards of journalism and its ethics will be unwaveringly upheld. As stated in our motto “The truth must bear all light,” and all light it shall bear, with steadfast confidence. Even opinionated perspectives will be backed with reliable fact-driven evidence with no alteration or manipulation of the truth.

I look forward to serving the student body and local community for yet another semester. If anyone is also interested in informing members of the community and giving people a platform to communicate, please don’t hesitate to join us.