SA promotes election-based story-sharing

By Madison Kacer

The Student Association has initiated a new social media campaign that is aimed at allowing students to share stories of discrimination and acceptance.

The campaign, #ThisIsOurAmerica, began Thursday following the presidential election, which has inspired fear of discrimination among some Americans.

“We wanted to launch it as soon as possible, so we’re kind of going with it right now,” SA Senate Speaker Christine Wang said after an SA Senate meeting 5 p.m. Sunday in the Holmes Student Center, Sky Room.

Department of Education Technology Research and Assessment Graduate Student Association

SA Senate approved the Department of Education Technology Research and Assessment Graduate Student Association as an SA-recognized student organization.

The association, which has 58 active members, serves master’s and PhD students, many of which are nontraditional or international.

“Our overall mission is to be an advocate for students [in] the department by [providing] networking and socialization opportunities and providing access to professional resources,” said Cameron Wills, Department of Education Technology Research and Assessment Graduate Student Association president.

Society of Manufacturing Engineers

The Society of Manufacturing Engineers, an international organization that currently has 16 active members, was approved as an SA-recognized student organization Sunday.

Organization leaders focus on giving members experiences working with engineering equipment and working within their fields.

Panchromatic Collective 

Panchromatic Collective, a student group that aims to merge art, diversity and social justice issues, was approved as an SA-recognized student organization Sunday.

The organization also provides professional development opportunities for artists.

“Our goal is to educate artists and students alike on these topics of diversity and social justice as well as providing professional development skills for artists in order to level the playing field,” Panchromatic Collective President Jillian Allen said. “So no matter where you come from as a growing artist, you will have the same skillsets in order to succeed.”