Beats on the street: Sept. 1

Labor Day playlist

Labor Day playlist

By Jesse Baalman

DeKalb | Every student has the right playlist for whatever mood they’re in, and sharing this music can be a great way to find out what music resonates with other Huskies. When asked what song is playing and what’s playing next, four students had interesting responses that may be relatable to the rest of the crowd. Read what music NIU is listening to below.

Junior history major Erin Krienke said she was listening to “In The Flesh” by Pink Floyd. “They’re pretty chill, so I usually don’t listen to them when I want to listen to something upbeat,” Krienke said. “They’re my favorite band,”

Next up on Krienke’s playlist was “I’m Lost Without You” by Blink 182.

Jazmine Fitch, freshman physical therapy major, said she was listening to “Your Side” by Tink.

Next up on Finch’s playlist was “Nothing Else Matters” by Tink. Finch said the mood of the artist will put you in your feels.

Sofia Davlantis, sophomore fashion merchandising major, said she was listening to “Redshift” by Darwin Deez.

Next up on Davlantis’ playlist was “Threat of Joy” by the Strokes. “I call it the good one,” Davlantis said. “It’s my favorite song playlist.”

Freshman art major Evan Scroggs said he was listening to “Yellow Bird” by Pretty Lights.

Next up on Scroggs’ playlist was “Hard in Da Paint” by Waka Flocka Flame.

Scroggs said he has intricate taste in music with a wide variety of genres that all share similarities in their message.