TV Show Revivals

Getty Images

TV Show Revivals

By Samantha Keck

This year TV shows are getting a complete makeover — either shows are getting new seasons, new cast members, new plot lines; or they’re making their way to the big screen.

Students weigh in on their opinions for some of the more well-known tv show revivals that are anticipated to be released this year.

Fuller House

Fuller House is a spin-off of the ‘90’s TV show Full House, which is centered around a windowed father raising his three daughters with the help of his two best friends. This time, Fuller House focuses on the oldest daughter, DJ Tanner-Fuller, played by Candace Cameron Bure and her three children, along with fan favorites Kimmy Gibler, played by Andrea Barber, and Stephanie Tanner, played by Jodie Sweetin. The spin-off premiered Feb. 26 on Netflix.

“I’m for Fuller House, but I think it will never be like the original,” said senior accountancy major Valarie Kenis. “It gives you a weird feeling seeing them try to be so current and bring up Twitter and modern stuff when the old, ‘90s Full House was much more simpler times.”

Fuller House is set to come out with another season on Netflix. The date is yet to be determined.

Arrested Development

Centered around Michael Bluth, played by Jason Bateman, and his family, Arrested Development is a four-season show that began in 2003. A fifth season is expected to be released in late 2016.

“I think it is pretty cool that they are coming out with a revival, but I am nervous that it won’t be the same and as funny as last time,” said sophomore rehabilitation major Jamie Dunn. “We might have our expectations too high or they might ruin the story and go too far with it.”

The release date is still to be determined.

Gilmore Girls

Gilmore Girls is a comedic show from the early 2000s about a single mom and her relatonship with her daughter. The story centers around the lives of Lorelei and her daughter, Rory Gilmore. The revival will have four 90-minute episodes, one for each season of the year. It’ll be interesting to see where all the characters are at because it has been almost 10 years since the series finale. The good news is so far most of the well-known original cast members, including Sookie St. James, played by Melissa McCarthy, and Lorelei Gilmore, played by Lauren Graham, have committed to starring in the revival which will debut on Netflix. The date of the revival has not yet been released.

Greek

Greek was a TV series on ABC Family that ran from 2007 to 2011 and follows Greek system students at Cyprus-Rhodes University, in Ohio. The movie is set to air on Freeform sometime around the holidays and will show where the students are now at their five-year reunion, according to Freeform.

Freshman psychology major Mandy White said she is most excited to see how they bring back the cast and where they pick up the story-line in the characters’ lives.