Police Report: April 25 to May 1

The following was taken directly from the NIU Police Department. Anyone mentioned is presumed innocent until proved guilty in a court of law. The NIU Police Department provides police reports online at niu.edu/publicsafety/.

April 25

1. At 4:30 p.m. April 6, theft $500 and under was reported to have occurred at Gabel Hall. This case was suspended April 25.

2. At 4:05 a.m. April 15, disorderly conduct was reported to have occurred at Stevenson North. This case was suspended April 25.

3. At 3 p.m., theft $500 and under was reported to have occurred at the Recreation Center. This case was declared unfounded.

April 26

4. At 1 p.m. April 19, stalking was reported to have occurred at the Visual Arts Building. This case was closed by exception April 26.

5. At 8 p.m. April 25, battery and criminal sexual abuse were reported to have occurred at Stevenson North. This case was opened April 26.

6. At 8 a.m. April 25, forgery was reported to have occurred at the Holmes Student Center. This case was opened April 26.

7. At 1:45 a.m., battery was reported to have occurred at DuSable Hall. This case is open.

8. At 9:45 p.m. April 18, disorderly conduct was reported to have occurred at the Campus Life Building. This case was suspended April 26.

April 27

9. At 12:22 a.m. April 13, criminal damage to property was reported to have occurred at Lot D. This case was suspended April 26.

10. At noon April 21, criminal sexual assault was reported to have occurred at New Residence Hall West. This case was suspended April 27.

11. At 7:30 p.m., credit card fraud was reported to have occurred at Neptune North. This case is open.

April 28

12. At 12:28 p.m., theft $500 and under was reported to have occurred at Gilbert Hall. This case was closed by exception.

13. At 8:30 a.m., a hit and run was reported to have occurred at Lot 2. This case was suspended.

April 29

14. At 7:20 p.m. April 17, theft of lost or mislaid property was reported to have occurred at Grant North. This case was referred to another agency April 29.

15. At 8 a.m. April 25, forgery was reported to have occurred at the Holmes Student Center. This case was suspended April 29.

16. At 8 a.m. April 17, theft $500 and under was reported to have occurred at the Stevenson Complex. This case was opened April 29.

17. At 3:27 p.m., identity theft was reported to have occurred at the Convocation Center. This case was suspended.

18. At 10:50 a.m., criminal damage to property was reported to have occurred at the Parking Deck. This case is open.

April 30

19. At 8 a.m. April 17, theft $500 and under was reported to have occurred at the Stevenson Complex. This case was declared unfounded April 30.

20. At 10:50 a.m. April 29, criminal damage to property was reported to have occurred at the Parking Deck. This case was suspended April 30.

21. At 2:30 p.m., battery was reported to have occurred at the New Residence Hall Community Center. This case was closed by exception.

22. At 10:51 p.m., possession of drug equipment was reported to have occurred at Stevenson South. This case was closed by exception.

May 1

23. At 2 a.m., illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor was reported to have occurred at Neptune West. This case was closed by exception.

24. At 7:15 a.m., theft of lost or mislaid property was reported to have occurred at Neptune Central. This case was suspended.

25. At 2:13 p.m., disorderly conduct was reported to have occurred at the Holmes Student Center. This case was suspended.

26. At 2 p.m., theft $500 and under was reported to have occurred at the Holmes Student Center. This case was suspended.

27. At 2 p.m., criminal trespassing to real property was reported to have occurred at Neptune Central. This case was closed by exception.