Grant Towers to host Project R.E.D. events

By Robert Baird

NIU’s Grant Towers residential complex is hosting the Project R.E.D. (Resident Engagement in Diversity) events program from Tuesday until Jan. 31.

The program events promote cultural awareness through various activities. The group’s intent is provide NIU students with a chance to engage and interact with other students and promote diversity awareness within the NIU community.

The first event hosted is “The Fair of Nations,” which starts at 5 p.m. Tuesday in the Grant North Lobby area and Grant D Formal Room. Students will have the opportunity to eat food and create unique arts and crafts followed by dance and music performances.

The “Solidarity Sleep Out” will focus on the misconceptions about homeless people and teach students how they can help give back to those in need. The event will be held at 6 p.m. Jan. 30 in the Grant D Formal Room, located in Grant Towers North.

Project R.E.D. will host a “Casino Night” finale that will feature blackjack, poker, roulette and more traditional casino games. Prizes, like a Blu-Ray player and flat screen TV, will be available. This event begins at 7 p.m. on Jan. 31 in the Stevenson Hall Food Court.

To find out more about Project R.E.D., contact Bobbie Cole at 815-753-8718 or [email protected]