Campus Blotter 1/18-1/21

By The Northern Star Staff

View Campus Blotter 1/18-1/21 in a larger map

The following was taken directly from the University Police. Anyone mentioned is presumed innocent until proved guilty in a court of law. The University Police Department provides police reports on the Web at finfacil.niu.edu/PublicSafety.

Friday

At 12:31 a.m. on Dec. 13, an officer responded to Douglas Hall in regard to a burglary. The officer met with the complainant and took a report. On Friday, this case was administratively closed due to a lack of leads.

At 12:22 a.m., an officer was performing a building check of Stevenson Towers North when he made contact with an individual with an open alcoholic beverage. The individual was under the legal drinking age of 21, and was referred to the Office of Community Standards for unlawful possession of alcohol by a minor.

At 2:44 p.m., officers were dispatched to Gabel Hall to take a report of a missing laptop. Upon arrival, an investigation was started. The investigation is currently pending.

Saturday

At 10:39 p.m. on Jan. 16, an officer in the Stevenson Towers Community Safety Center was approached by an individual regarding a report of theft. The officer then took a report from the complainant. On Saturday, this case was administratively closed due to a lack of leads.

At 1:20 a.m., an officer in New Hall East made contact with several underage students in possession of alcoholic beverages and one student in possession of a knife. The students were referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for adjudication.

At 2 a.m., an individual approached an officer in the Holmes Student Center in regard to her lost cellphone. This case was administratively closed due to a lack of leads.

At 4:42 p.m., an officer responded to Neptune East to take down a theft report. Upon arrival on scene, the officer began an investigation which is currently pending.

Sunday

At 3:48 a.m., an officer conducted a traffic stop in the 800 block of Kimberly Avenue. The driver of the vehicle provided false information to the officer. Hector Felix-Aguilar was charged with obstructing identification. He was arrested and transported to the NIU police department. He was released after posting cash bond.

At 10:54 a.m., an officer was dispatched to NIU parking lot W to take a report on criminal damage. Upon the officer’s arrival, he met with the complainant and took a report. Due to no suspects, leads, or witnesses, the case was administratively closed.

At 12:30 p.m., officers were dispatched to Neptune West’s third floor to search for a cannabis odor. They found a resident in possession of cannabis. He was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for possession of cannabis.

Monday

At 1:22 a.m., officers responded to Neptune West for a physical altercation. Two individuals were referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for adjudication.