Most-anticipated local events of 2013

By Kia Clair

Comedian Jerry Seinfeld will be performing at 7 p.m. on Feb. 8, at the Coronado Performing Arts Center (PAC), 314 N. Main St. in Rockford. Tickets cost between $47 and $77 and are on sale at the Coronado PAC, Ticketmaster.com. You may also call 815-968-0595 to purchase tickets.

Country singers Miranda Lambert and Dierks Bentley will be performing at 7:30 p.m. on Feb. 14 at the Convocation Center. Tickets are $27 and $51.75 and are now on sale at the Convocation Center box office, Livenation.com or by phone at 800-745-3000. Doors will open at 6:30 p.m.

NIU will host an Internship Fair starting at 10 a.m. on Feb. 19 at the Convocation Center. The Internship Fair is for undergraduate and graduate students. Admission is free and the event will end at 3 p.m.

On Feb. 20, the job fair for NIU seniors and alumni will starting at 10 a.m. Admission is free for NIU students, $5 for alumni and $10 for non-NIU students.

Comedian Lewis Black will perform The Rant is Due at 8 p.m. on March 2 at the Egyptian Theatre, 135 N. Second St. Tickets are priced at $39.75 and $49.75, and are now on sale at at the Egyptian Theatre box office, at EgyptianTheatre.org or by phone at 815-758-1225.

NIU will host a Day Caving Trip at 8 a.m. on April 7 at Maquoketa Caves State Park, Iowa. If registered by March 22, the cost of the trip for NIU affilates is $35, and $40 for non-NIU students. NIU affilates who register by April 4 will pay $40; the trip will cost $45 for non-NIU students. Travelers will explore 6 miles of trails and 16 limestone caves.

NIU will host a two-day Camping and Climbing Trip April 13 & 14 at Devil’s Lake State Park in Baraboo, Wis. If registered by March 29, the cost of the trip for NIU affiliates is $75 or $85 for non-NIU students. NIU affiliates who register by April 10 will pay $85 or $95 for non-NIU students. Included in registration fees are transportation, gear, all meals, campsites and instruction. Devil’s Lake is all natural and is surrounded by cliffs up to 400 feet high. Students will have the options to climb, swim, hike or hang out all weekend long.

Singer Carrie Underwood will perform at 7:30 p.m. May. 10 at the BMO Harris Bank Center, 300 Elm St. in Rockford. Tickets are on sale now at the BMO Harris Bank Center box office, ticketmaster.com or by phone at 815-968-5222. Also, $1 from every ticket purchased will be donated to Red Cross disaster relief to help provide shelter, food, and emotional support to those suffering after disasters.