Blotter 1/11-1/12

By The Northern Star Staff

View Campus Blotter 1/13 in a larger map

The following was taken directly from the University Police. Anyone mentioned is presumed innocent until proved guilty in a court of law. The University Police Department provides police reports on the Web at finfacil.niu.edu/PublicSafety.

Jan. 11

At 3:34 p.m., an officer patrolling Neptune Central made contact with an individual who reported retail theft. After contact, the officer initiated an investigation. On Friday, Deandre L. Martin was arrested for retail theft at the Holmes Student Center. NIU police processed and released Martin on $200 bond.

Jan. 12

At 1:33 a.m. on Saturday, an officer conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle at Lincoln Drive North and Annie Glidden Road. The driver of the vehicle was under 21 and had consumed alcohol. Alexis N. Fulton was arrested for unlawful consumption of alcohol. She was processed by NIU police and released on $150 bond.

At 1:39 a.m., an officer conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle at the 100 block of N. Annie Glidden Road. The driver of the vehicle was arrested for DUI and unlawful possession of alcohol by a minor. Juan F. Barragan was processed at the NIU police department and then transported to the DeKalb County Jail.

At 2:09 a.m., an officer was dispatched to Grant Towers North in regard to a report of disorderly conduct. The officer arrived on scene and initiated an investigation. An individual was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for disorderly conduct.

At 9:39 p.m., officers were dispatched to Stevenson Towers North in regard to a call about domestic battery. An officer met with the complainant and initiated an investigation. Sharon N. Peter was arrested for domestic battery. Peter was processed by the NIU police and then transported to the DeKalb County Jail.

At 10:58 p.m., an officer conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle in Lot 30 where the driver of the vehicle allegedly provided false information to the officer. Darius C. Lee, was arrested for obstructing identification. He was processed by the NIU police and then transported to the DeKalb County Jail.

At 10:59 p.m., an officer on patrol in New Hall East made contact with three individuals regarding cannabis. Contact resulted in one individual being referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for possession of cannabis and possession of drug paraphernalia.