Campus blotter for 11/08/11

By Northern Star staff

The following was taken from the University Police. Anyone mentioned is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The University Police Department provides police reports on the Web at finfacil.niu.edu/PublicSafety.

Friday

• At 2:04 a.m., officers on patrol near the 1300 block of Blackhawk Road observed a woman push a man. After a brief conversation, the woman said the man made a comment which upset her. The woman was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for battery.
  • At 3:37 a.m., Officers responded to an Emergency Call Box activation on Gilbert Drive. After speaking with several people in the area, one person admitted to pushing the button to initiate an emergency response when no emergency existed. The student was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for disorderly conduct.
  • At 10:50 a.m., a person reported a birdhouse near campus child care was damaged. Due to lack of leads, this case has been administratively closed.
  • At 12:41 p.m., an officer responded to the Public Opinion Lab for a report of harassing messages left on the departmental voicemail. This case is pending investigation.
  • At 3:06 p.m., a banned person was seen near Grant South. Officers made contact with Armauni K. Nash, 18, of Aurora, who admitted to entering the area. Nash was taken into custody and charged with criminal trespass to real property and was later released on bond.
  • At 5:05 p.m., a man reported his phone was stolen at the Campus Recreation Center between 4:30 and 7:00 p.m. Thursday. This case is pending investigation.
  • At 11:40 p.m., officers on patrol on Greenbrier Road noticed a woman carrying a paddle while leaving the area of a fraternity house nearby. Officers made contact with the woman, who said she entered the fraternity house at 1020 W. Hillcrest and took the paddle for a sorority scavenger hunt. The woman was told she and her sorority would be referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for residential burglary.

Saturday

• At 1:18 a.m., officers made contact with two students who threw a bottle into the roadway on South Stadium Drive. After a brief conversation, they admitted to consuming alcohol as minors. Both students were referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct.
  • At 3:53 p.m., officers took a theft report at the Campus Recreation Center. A student said he left his sweatshirt near the basketball courts at 3:30 p.m. and when he went to retrieve it 20 minutes later, it was missing. Due to lack of leads, this case has been administratively closed.