Campus crime blotter for May 9

By Northern Star Staff

The following was taken directly from the University Police. Anyone mentioned is presumed innocent until proved guilty in a court of law. The University Police Department provides police reports on the Web at finfacil.niu.edu/PublicSafety.

April 29

• At 4:55 p.m., a battery was reported at Neptune East. A woman claimed she was the victim of an unprovoked physical attack. One person was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for battery.

May 1

• At 3:12 a.m., a fight in progress was reported at Douglas Hall. This case is pending investigation.

May 3

• At 4:02 p.m., a student reported items stolen from a locker at the Campus Recreation Center. Due to no suspects, leads or witnesses, the case is administratively closed.

Wednesday

• At 12:20 p.m., criminal damage to a vehicle was reported to have occurred in Lot K. The passenger side mirror was damaged in addition to marks on one of the doors. Pending any leads or further information this case is administratively closed.
  • At 12:46 a.m., criminal damage to a vehicle was reported in Lot K. The driver’s side outside mirror was broken off a vehicle.
  • Pending any further leads or further information, this case is administratively closed.
  • At 12:39 p.m., a student reported the theft of a textbook from her room at Lincoln Hall. Pending any leads or further information, this case is administratively closed.
  • At 1:54 p.m., a student reported the theft of her cell phone. This case is pending investigation.
  • At 5:10 p.m., a student reported the theft of her laptop computer from Neptune North. This case is pending investigation.
  • At 9:44 p.m., a student reported a theft at Grant South. This case is pending investigation.
  • At 10:35 p.m., a report was received on a vehicle that was damaged while parked in Lot K. This case is pending investigation.

Thursday

• At 5:18 a.m., criminal damage to state supported land was reported at Lincoln Hall. This case is pending investigation.
  • At 9:30 a.m., officers were dispatched to Neptune East, responding to a fight in progress. This case is pending investigation.
  • At 1:41 p.m., a student reported a theft from his vehicle while it was parked in Lot W. This case is pending investigation.
  • At 1:52 p.m., a student reported a theft that occurred at Stevenson North. This case is pending investigation.
  • At 8:53 p.m., an officer at Lincoln Hall recognized a person banned from all NIU property and arrested him, pursuant to the banning order. Troy Lee, 19, of Dolton, was arrested for criminal trespass to land.

Friday

• At 12:17 a.m., a student was found to unlawfully be in possession of alcohol. The student was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for illegal possession of alcohol by a minor.
  • At 1:42 a.m., Gabriella Thompson, 19, Tinley Park, was placed under arrest for illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor and was transported to the NIU Police Department. She was booked and later released on an I-bond.
  • At 8:12 a.m., graffiti was found in a restroom at Founder’s Memorial Library. At this time there are no leads in this case, and it is administratively closed.
  • At 6:16 p.m., the theft of an unattended backpack containing several items was reported at the Stevenson Food Court. This case is open and pending further investigation.