Campus blotter for 10/21/10

By Northern Star Staff

The following was taken from the University Police. Anyone mentioned is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The University Police Department provides police reports on the Web at finfacil.niu.edu/PublicSafety.

SATURDAY

• At 6:07 p.m., a subject reported receiving a threatening letter in the mail. This case is pending investigation.
  • At about 10:17 p.m., officers responded to the tenth floor of Stevenson Tower North regarding an odor of cannabis emanating from a room. Contact with the residents of that room produced drug paraphernalia, suspect cannabis, six bottles of “Mike’s Hard Lemonade” alcoholic beverages, and one half-full bottle of vodka. The residents of the room were referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for unlawful possession of cannabis, possession of drug paraphernalia, unlawful possession of alcohol by a minor, and unlawful consumption of alcohol by a minor.

SUNDAY

• At about 2:04 p.m., two groups, one of two males and the other of three males walking near Lot O made a few comments toward each other and started fighting. Officers determined they were mutual combatants and referred all parties to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for battery.
  • At about 11:45 p.m., a student at Stevenson Towers North reported the theft of some concert tickets. With no leads or further information, this case is administratively closed.
  • At about 7:08 p.m., a report was received in reference to the odor of cannabis from one of the rooms at Neptune North. After pinpointing the room, knocking, and allowed voluntary entry, the resident revealed and admitted ownership of a grinder, smoking pipe, and bag of marijuana. He was reported to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for possession of cannabis 30 GM and under and other cannabis control offenses.
  • At about 8:43 p.m., a subject was trying to determine who damaged her shoes when Kiki Jones, 19, of Chicago accosted her, throwing a table against her. Jones was arrested for battery.
  • At about 9:54 p.m., a subject violating a banning order to drop someone off at Stevenson North received a verbal warning for criminal trespass to land.