Campus blotter for 10/4/10

By Northern Star Staff

The following was taken from the University Police. Anyone mentioned is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The University Police Department provides police reports on the Web at finfacil.niu.edu/PublicSafety.

WEDNESDAY

At 1:15 p.m., a student at Neptune West had his roommate place his books and notes outside their residence to save time for pickup between classes. Someone took them. Case is administratively closed.

THURSDAY

At 5:12 p.m., officers were dispatched to Huskie Stadium on a report of theft. A cooler that contained bottled water was broken into and damaged. Case is pending investigation.

At 8:58 p.m., a student reported the theft of his bicycle. The student secured the bike to a bike rack at Stevenson South on Aug. 4, and when he returned to retrieve it two weeks later, Aug. 17, it was gone. Case is administratively closed.

At 10:25 a.m., an officer was dispatched to investigate a report of harassment by telephone from Northern View Apartments. Case is pending investigation.

At 7:04 p.m., an officer was dispatched to Lot W to investigate a burglary from a motor vehicle. The owner of a motor scooter reported that the helmet case on the back of the scooter was broken into and damaged, with items stolen. Case is pending investigation.

At 9:59 p.m., an officer spotted a person in Central Park thought to be banned from all NIU property. After checking and confirming, the subject was arrested pursuant to the banning order.

At 10:55 p.m., a student from Neptune West reported his NIU OneCard was stolen after he left it at the Recreation Center.

The card was also fraudulently used. Case is pending investigation.