Campus blotter – 9/27

By Northern Star Staff

The following was taken from the University Police. Anyone mentioned is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The University Police Department provides police reports on the Web at finfacil.niu.edu/PublicSafety.

FRIDAY

At 8:05 p.m., a student in Lincoln Hall lobby reported the theft of a rental book. The student placed it on the floor in the lobby by a chair and left it behind. Upon her return to recover the book, it was missing. The victim later reported finding the missing book. Case is closed as unfounded.

On Monday, Sept. 20 at 1:18 p.m., an officer took a report regarding a battery. A complainant stated that at approximately 11:07 a.m., she was on the #4 Circle Left bus. At that time, a male began pushing his way onto the bus and shoving her with his hips. He then made a comment towards her. The offender was identified and referred to the Office of Community Standards Student Conduct for battery. On Friday, case is cleared for refusal to cooperate.

On Thursday, at 9:37 p.m., an officer observed three people near Lot D smoking what looked and smelled like cannabis. One person was not involved, while the other two admitted to smoking marijuana and received referrals to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for possession of cannabis 30 GM and under. On Friday, case is cleared for refusal to cooperate.

A subject was found to be unlawfully in the possession of alcohol. The subject was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct.

A pedestrian stop was conducted on an individual who was carrying an open container of alcohol. The subject pushed an officer and fled from the scene. Case is open pending further investigation.

Damage was found to a cigarette urn outside Reavis Hall. Case is administratively closed pending any further leads.

A subject was found to unlawfully be in possession of drug paraphernalia. Subject was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct.

SATURDAY

A burglary to a vehicle was reported from Lot P. Several items were taken from a parked vehicle without the owner’s permission. Case is open pending further investigation.

Subject was found to unlawfully be in possession of alcohol. Subject was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct.

A criminal damage to a motor vehicle was reported from Lot P. A vehicle had its windshield broken out. This case is open pending further investigation.

A traffic stop was conducted on a vehicle for parking in the roadway. The driver was found unlawfully in possession of cannabis. The subject was placed under arrest and was transported to the NIU Police Department. He was booked and later released after posting bond.