Campus blotter for Sept. 7

By Northern Star Staff

The following was taken from the University Police. Anyone mentioned is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The University Police Department provides police reports on the Web at finfacil.niu.edu/PublicSafety.

FRIDAY

At 12:51 a.m., an officer doing an exterior check of Grant North encountered a subject who was discovered to have unlawfully consumed alcohol. The student was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct.

At 1:01 a.m., an officer on patrol observed three individuals walking on the 800 block of Russell Road. Each subject was found to have an alcoholic beverage and all were under 21. All were referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct.

At 1:19 a.m., an individual was found having unlawfully consuming alcohol. The subject will be referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for unlawful consumption of alcohol by a minor.

At 11:01, a victim reported her purse has been missing since Aug. 31. Victim advised that she last saw her purse in a friend’s room in Lincoln Hall. Case is open pending investigation.

At 11:26 a.m., a victim reported a theft. Subject stated on around Aug. 25 and 26, $15 went missing. At that time, the subject did not know if money was misplaced it or if it was taken. Subject advised it did not seem significant until Sept. 2 at approximately 10:30 a.m. when subject was missing $80. Subject advised that money was located in a wallet located in subjects room at Stevenson North, Case is open pending investigation.

At approximately 10:57 p.m., an officer on patrol at Stevenson South-B fifth floor encountered a subject who was under the age of 21. However, this subject was subsequently discovered to be in his room with subjects who were 21 and who had alcoholic beverages in their possession. Subjects over 21 years old were told to remove their alcoholic beverages from the room of the under age subject. Subject was given a verbal warning for being in possession of alcoholic beverages.

SATURDAY

At approximately 3:50 p.m., an officer on patrol in Grant South observed the odor of burnt cannabis. Upon speaking with the resident of the room, the subject voluntarily provided two items of drug paraphernalia to the officer. Subject was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct.

At approximately 10:50 a.m., a residential burglary was reported. Subjects stated that cash was taken from a desk drawer. Shortly thereafter, subject’s roommate contacted the police department to advise he was also missing cash from his desk drawer. This was to have occurred sometime between 6 p.m. Sept. 3 and 1 a.m. Sept. 4. Victim explained that he discovered his room door ajar when he returned to his room at 1 a.m. Case is open pending investigation.

SUNDAY

At approximately 2:58 a.m., a subject was discovered to have unlawfully consumed alcohol. The subject was referred to the University Judicial Office.

At approximately 8:01 p.m., a theft was reported from Stevenson Towers North. The victim reported someone had taken an item of jewelry without her permission. Case is open pending further investigation.