Homecoming King & Queen candidates

By SHAUN ZINCK

Why do you think you should be elected Homecoming King or Queen?

King Candidates

“I want to be Homecoming King to do something to exemplify my love for NIU, and to show my personal appreciation for the school in my last year.” Chris Jenkins senior, textiles, apparel and merchandising

“I want to be Homecoming King because as an undergrad and grad student, I give 110% to serve the NIU campus and DeKalb community.” Jose Iniguez grad student, counseling department

“Since I arrived on the campus at Northern, I’ve met a lot of amazing people that have helped shape my college career. I bleed red & black and it would be incredible to take home the crown & represent NIU!” Pat Kaiser senior, marketing

“I want to be Homecoming King because I think I’m the model NIU student, from tailgating on Saturdays to eating at Dog Pound Deli on Wednesdays. I’m a man of the people.” Eric Poplonski senior, business Organizational Management

Queen Candidates

“I feel I’m a great representative of the NIU community. I try to be as involved as I can be on campus. By being Homecoming Queen, I want to further represent NIU.” Jessica Gutierrez senior, textiles, apparel and merchandising

“I want to be Homecoming Queen because I’m ambitious, hard-working, talented, and giving. I’m an eagle who flies and takes chances, but most importantly I’m a woman of strength.” Jessica “Nu-Nu” Ovunwo senior

“I want to be Homecoming Queen because I’m well-rounded and involved on campus. I have a 4.0 GPA and I’m involved in the community and I represent the NIU student body.” Beth Collins

“I want to be Homecoming Queen because I emanate everything positive about NIU. I’m involved in a wide variety of organizations on campus. I’m a leader, a good student, and a fun person.” Carri Wostratzky senior, communications and journalism

“I am very involved on campus and have met a lot of amazing people here. It would be an honor to represent the NIU community as Homecoming Queen.” Jenna Binversie senior, psychology