Study Abroad Fair today

By Jessica Levee

DeKALB | The opportunity to travel the world for school credit is now at NIU students’ fingertips.

The NIU Study Abroad Office will host the 14th Annual Study Abroad Fair from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. today in the Duke Ellington Ballroom of the Holmes Student Center.

Representatives from about 15 study abroad program providers that work directly with hundreds of universities worldwide, including Cultural Experiences Abroad, the Council on International Educational Exchange and AustraLearn, will be present at the fair, said Clare Foust, outreach and programming coordinator for the NIU Study Abroad Office.

NIU faculty who direct their own study abroad program overseas will be in attendance, as well as past study abroad students, who will share their experiences with the program and answer any questions prospective students may have.

All students are encouraged to attend the fair, though being 18 years of age and having sophomore status and either a 2.5 or 2.75 minimum cumulative GPA are required to study abroad.

“We encourage freshmen to look into study abroad,” Foust said. “Freshmen can apply for study abroad programs; they just need to be of sophomore standing before they board the plane.”

For more information about the Study Abroad Fair or Study Abroad Program, visit www.niu.edu/niuabroad/sa.htm or call 753-0304.

Jessica Levee is a Campus Reporter for the Northern Star.