7 ways to anger your professor

By Stephanie Szuda

– You’re in class, the lecture has begun, and your iPod headphones are still wedged in your ears.

– Your Black Eyed Peas’ “My Humps” ring tone goes off in the middle of the lecture. Your teacher doesn’t appreciate your love for Fergie’s “lovely lady lumps.”

– You’re reading something the exact opposite of the required text, kind of like what you’re doing right now.

– You’re running late, but you can’t start your day without breakfast. So you just bring the Styrofoam container right into the lecture and chow down on the omelet you waited in line 15 minutes for.

– Strutting into Cole Hall in your SpongeBob SquarePants pajama pants or the raggedy hoodie you’ve had since your junior year of high school. Professors dress up in a shirt and tie every day and you can’t even throw on a pair of blue jeans.

– Just because you sit in the back row doesn’t mean no one can hear you chatting it up with your buddy. I can sure hear you, so the professor can as well. And you know what? We all think it’s annoying. No one cares how sweet your boyfriend is.

– So you come in late to class. A little disrespectful. Then you can’t close the door? That’s just plain disruptive. Now you’re disrespectful and disruptive. Next time why don’t you just skip class all together and save face?