3 Doors Down brings

By Stephanie Szuda

3 Doors Down will perform at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 19 alongside acts Shinedown and Alter Bridge at the Convocation Center.

“I think that’s a very powerful line up,” said Kevin Selover, marketing manager for the Convo Center.

In 2000, 3 Doors Down released “The Better Life,” reaching success with the first single “Kryptonite.” Since then it has also had hits with albums “Away From The Sun” and “Seventeen Days.”

Selover said 3 Doors Down has a large stage set up as well.

“Most acts have just a basic set, just a couple lights,” Selover said. “They have a lot of special effects, just a big stage set up.”

Sophomore computer science major Eric Swanson said he thinks a great stage production really adds to the show.

“I believe visual needs to be added to the audio,” Swanson said. “It gets the audience more involved in the show.”

Originally from Mississippi, 3 Doors Down has encouraged fans to help Hurricane Katrina relief efforts.. One dollar from every ticket purchased will be donated to The Better Life Foundation. The official Web site lists 17 different charities the foundation gives to.

Melodic rock group Shinedown released its sophomore album, “Us and Them,” earlier this year. Alter Bridge released the album, “One Day Remains” in 2004.

“Alter Bridge has about everyone from Creed,” Selover said. “They’re definitely used to success.”

Sophomore time arts major Jonathan Weber said he would enjoy seeing the band.

“They have cool songs that I like to play on my guitar, so I would definitely go see them,” Weber said.

Tickets are available at the Convo Center box office or at Ticketmaster outlets. Tickets are $32 for students and $37.50 for the general public.