Sweeps calls for student feedback

By Collin Quick and Desiree Smith

Greetings and welcome back to the Sweeps section of the Northern Star. We’d like to say we’re new and improved, but that’s for you to decide.

Let us introduce ourselves. Desiree Smith is the Assistant Campus Editor and Collin Quick is the Weekender Assistant Editor.

As far as our reporters go this semester, we have a Sweeps veteran returning and a new face in the section. Rachel Gorr returns with her ability to turn everything she touches into gold and Nyssa Bulkes joins us with a fresh outlook on the place you call home for nine months a year.

We want to let you know the Sweeps page is all about YOU. This is the student page, which means this is YOUR page. Every day you will see a new person gracing the page as “Catch of the Day” and every article will deal with the campus in some shape or form.

So if you don’t like what we’re doing, let us know. If you have an idea or want to recommend something for us to check out, let us know. It’s as simple as dropping an e-mail or making a call.

OK, enough of that. Here’s what we have in store this semester.

Cribs: Do you live in a sweet apartment or residence hall room and want everyone on campus to know about it? Are you proud of your habitat or surroundings and want random people to visit at all hours of the night?

Anti-Cribs: Do you live with a milk crate for a coffee table and a metal folding chair as your only form of furniture and you’re proud of it? Do bare walls keep you happy?

Playback: We’re taking the mixed CDs and amping it up to mp3 playlists. Have a killer playlist?

Someone to Know: Do you know of a member of the NIU faculty or staff who goes above and beyond what is expected of them? Let us know and we’ll check it out.

NIU Clubs: We’re ripping down those posters on the walls of DuSable and sending our staff to find out exactly what goes on at little-known clubs on campus. Have a cool club? Just let us know.

Myspace Profiles: For all you Myspace addicts, now is your time to prove to us that you really are who you say you are.

Room Raiders: OK, we ripped off MTV again. Would you be interested in rummaging through complete strangers’ personal belongings and see who you would most likely hit if off with? Or would you be up for letting a complete stranger go through your stuff?

If you are interested in any of these topics and would like to be featured on the Sweeps page, e-mail us at [email protected] or call 753-9345.