Take control of your high position

By Shivangi Potdar

Greek leaders will unite Saturday at the 2003 Fusaro Leadership Institute at the Holmes Student Center’s Carl Sandburg Auditorium.

Each executive board member of NIU’s Greek chapters is expected to attend this noon conference.

Speakers at the conference will target executive board members such as presidents, recruiting chairs and new member educators, said Darnell Bradley, program coordinator for Greek affairs.

The conference aims at giving students an idea of how to do their jobs better, common mistakes to avoid and how to be a better member of the Greek community.

The first hour of the conference will be a Town Hall panel discussion in which students can ask questions to campus administrators, city officials and Greek affairs professionals.

Educational sessions for the members of the executive boards will follow.

Keynote speaker Heidi Anderson will talk about the future of Greek life and how to improve the Greek image.

“People have the image that all Greeks do is party and drink, and that’s absolutely not true,” said Bradley. “Being Greek is to live up to their rituals, brotherhood/sisterhood, academic success and serving the community.”

In the past, these conferences have gone on for six to seven hours, said Chris Juhl, activities adviser for Greek affairs.

“It will be more relevant if we can condense it and say presidents go to this session and treasurers go to that [session],”Juhl said. Star Poll