Alpha Kappa Delta Phi fundraiser to sell happiness beanies

Northern Star File Photo

The NIU sign stands in the heart of campus. Students have a lot of events to look forward to this semester. (Northern Star File photo)

By Northern Star Staff

DeKALB – NIU’s Alpha Kappa Delta Phi sorority chapter will host a Happiness Beanies fundraiser from 12 a.m. to 4:48 p.m. on Wednesday to raise money for the chapter’s operational expenses.

The beanies have the Chinese characters 幸福 on the front with the characters translating to “happiness.” The beanies are available in black and white as well as purple and white with the beanies costing $14 for one and $24 for two, according to the Alpha Kappa Delta Phi store.

The beanies are available for pre-order until Sunday with contactless deliveries beginning this week for people who have already placed orders, according to the fundraiser’s NIU Events page.

The Alpha Kappa Delta Phi sorority was officially established in 2017 and is a women’s organization that helps “emphasize Asian-American awareness” at NIU, according to the sorority’s website. Alpha Kappa Delta Phi’s pillars include Sisterhood, Scholarship, Leadership, Service and Asian-American awareness.