Ellwood Visitor Center hosting ‘Crimson Days: The Early Story of NIU’

Ellwood House Museum Visitor Center

Courtesy of Audrey King

Ellwood House Museum Visitor Center

Aidan Bengford, Reporter

DeKALB — The curators of the Ellwood Museum present “Crimson Days: The Early Story of NIU” an exhibit that will be taking place at the Ellwood Visitor Center. The manor is still closed. 

The exhibit is to commemorate the founding of NIU in 1895 and will feature information from the time period as well as the school’s founding. The visitor center will continue to have the exhibits on the Ellwood family and barb wire history. 

The exhibit will be run from March 17th-December 5th. The times for the months of April are from noon to 4:45 p.m. on April 2-3, 7-10, 14-17, and 21. To register for the event, sign up hereA tour group must all be from the same household, have no more than 10 members and masks are required. Do not visit if you: have COVID-19, are currently experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms or have been exposed to someone who has COVID-19. Visit NIU’s events calendar, call 815-756-4609 or email info@ellwoodhouse.org for more information and to possibly schedule a time if tickets have run out.