Weekly events: Week of Sept. 27

This+year+school+starts+on+Jan.+18%2C+which+is+the+fourth+week+of+the+month.+This+is+because+the+first+week+in+January+2022+is+only+a+day+long.+

Getty Images

This year school starts on Jan. 18, which is the fourth week of the month. This is because the first week in January 2022 is only a day long.

By Northern Star Staff

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

• Innovation Hours: This is your chance to meet with the Innovation Team and get personalized support for your innovation ideas and projects no matter the stage. The event will be at 9 a.m. at Founders Memorial Library, 71 North Partnership Studio.
  • Domestic Violence Awareness Month Table Time:  Stop by to support survivors. This event will be at 10 a.m. in the MLK Commons.
  • Graybar Meet & Greet Table: Graybar will host an information table in Barsema Hall to discuss internship and full-time opportunities. The event will be at 10 a.m. at Barsema Hall, Atrium.
  • Resume Writing: The Essentials: Learn the essentials of a good resume, along with effective ways to communicate your value to employers at this 5 p.m. workshop via Microsoft Teams.
  • Love Labyrinth: Navigating Relationships: Navigating Relationships workshop will help people understand the signs of emotional abuse and the controlling and threatening behavior patterns that can show up in everyday situations. The workshop will be at 1 p.m. at the Holmes Student Center, University Suite. Register here.
  • CODE 4: This workshop aims to immerse dedicated individuals with the lifelong dedication necessary for social justice work. The event will be at 2 p.m. via Zoom.  Registration required.
  • Finance Meet the Firm: Meet the Firm is a NIU career fair designed specifically for students looking for finance roles and internships. The virtual event will be at 4 p.m. Contact Matthew Benning at [email protected] for more information.
  • Paint Your Paw: Paint a customized paw print on canvas at 4 p.m. at the MLK Commons.
  • Breaking Barriers Kick-Off: Breaking Barriers’ is a meeting group designed to provide support, mentoring, and professional development to first-generation college students. The meeting will be at 7 p.m. at Campus Life Building, Suite 100.

Friday