Weekly events: Week of Nov. 1

Getty Images

Weekly events for week of Nov. 29.

By Northern Star Staff

Monday

• F.B.I. Federal Bureau of Investigation Information Session: Learn about opportunities with the agency and how to prepare for the government fair on Nov. 5. The event will be at 1 p.m. via Zoom.
  • Barbershop Talk: A chance for students to have real life discussions with the members of BMI. The event will be at 5 p.m. in the Holmes Student Center, Skyroom.
  • Trap Karaoke and Paint: S. I. S. T. E. R. S. will be hosting a karaoke event with paint. Paint and canvases will be provided. The event will be at 6 p.m. in the Holmes Student Center, Huskie Den.

Tuesday

Wednesday

• Rape Culture IRL: This training will cover topics such as sexual assault, dating/domestic violence, and stalking. These topics may be triggering for some. Please use self-care when attending this training. The event will be at 10 a.m. in the Holmes Student Center, Sky Room.
  • LATS Minor Fall Pop-up: Come tour the Latino Center and meet the CLAS staff, light snacks will be served. The event will be at 11 a.m. in the Latino Center.
  • US Department of State Information Session: Prepare for the Government Fair on November 5th by learning about the range of student and career opportunities available with the U.S. Department of State. The event will be at 1 p.m. via Zoom.
  • Sister Circle: Sister Circles are spaces for women with underrepresented racial identities. These spaces are welcoming of trans and nonbinary students and provide opportunities for all to connect, communicate, and learn from each other with support from NIU staff. The event will be at 7 p.m. in the Campus Life Building, Room 230.

Thursday

Friday

• Tips for Daily Self-Care and Mindfulness: The EAP will discuss why self-care is important, talk about mindfulness and offer tips for self-care. The event will be virtual at 9 a.m., register here. 
  • GCRC Government Virtual Job Fair: This job fair hosts local, state, and federal government and police agencies. The event will be virtual at 1 p.m., registration is required.
  • First Friday Bingo: All students are welcome to come play bingo every first Friday of the month in Club 1895 to win prizes. The event will be at 6 p.m. in the Holmes Student Center, Club 1895 – Lower Den.