SGA will hold elections for legislative and executive positions

Zulfiqar Ahmed I Northern Star

Senator Ethan DeMeuse (left) takes notes during the Aug. 29 Senate meeting. SGA Senate meets at 5 p.m. every Sunday in the Capitol Room of the HSC.

DeKALB – The Student Government Association will be hosting elections for legislative and executive candidates on March 29 and March 30. The positions they are looking to be filled are student body President, Vice President, Student Trustee and Student Senate. 

Students interested must attend a required candidate meeting. Dates for those meetings begin on Feb. 5 and run through March. 4, all meetings will be held at the Oasis Conference Room in Holmes Student Center.

Potential candidates will learn about what it takes to be a student leader and what it is like being in SGA at the meeting. 

“(SGA was) founded in 1968 to promote the students on campus, the SGA today hopes to motivate the next generation of student leaders here on campus, to carry on the torch of service,” according to an SGA news release. 

SGA hosts events on campus while having oversight of all organizations and is responsible for their funds. 

Contact the Chair of the Board of Elections Jacob Burg at [email protected] for any questions or accommodations needed.