Chemistry Demo Night returns to HSC

By Michael Stoll, Sports Reporter

DeKALB— The NIU Chemistry Club will be hosting its annual Chemistry Demo Night at 6:30 p.m. Friday in Faraday Hall, Room 143.

This year’s free event is themed “Mike and Sully’s Chemistry Clash”, featuring bright flashes of lights, periods of low light and darkness, and experiments and characters from Monster’s Inc.

“NIU students on the Mean Green Team and the True Blue Team will compete to fit ‘screams’ inside energy canisters, make ‘monster toothpaste,’ and more,” Chemistry Club Vice President Chris English said.

Free parking will be available for the event in the NIU parking deck starting at 5 p.m., and doors will open at 6 p.m.

For safety precautions, masks are optional and encouraged. And members of the audience are asked to not sit in the first row of seating due to the flashing lights and bursts of noises.

More information about NIU Chemistry Club is available on Facebook at “Northern Illinois University Chemistry Club. For questions about the Chemistry Demo, you can contact Chemistry Club President Core Weinberg at [email protected].

Editor’s Note: This record has been update to reflect a change in venue location from the Carl Sandburg Auditorium in Holmes Student Center to Faraday Hall Room 143.