Consultant announced as second candidate for Student Affairs VP

Clint Michael Reneau set to meet with NIU students and community.

Courtesy of California State Fullerton

Clint Michael Reneau is currently a consultant for the American Association of State Colleges and Universities

DeKALB — NIU’s search for the next Vice President of Student Affairs continues Monday as they host Clint-Michael Reneau as their second interviewee for the position.

Reneau is currently a consultant for the American Association of State Colleges and Universities. He is responsible for providing consulting and service offerings including, but not limited to, diversity, equity and inclusion and leadership effectiveness. Ward also develops and delivers consulting practices that center around areas such as inclusive excellence and team development.

He joined the organization in November 2021 after spending four years as Associate Vice President of Student Affairs at California State University, Fullerton from July 2017 to July 2021. Other employers of Reneau include Texas State (2007-2009, 2012-2017), the University of Massachusetts at Amherst (2009-2010), and Tulane University (2010-2012).

Reneau received most of his postsecondary education at Texas State University in San Marcos, Texas. He earned a bachelor of arts in communication studies in 2002 and later a master of education in guidance and counseling with an emphasis in student affairs in 2007. Reneau became a doctor of philosophy in adult, professional and community education after graduating in 2016.

His resume also lists 23 awards and honors. His most recent award came in 2020, when he earned the American College Personnel Association Men and Masculinities Coalition: Tracy L. Davis Outstanding Emerging Research Award. 

A public forum with Reneau will be held Thursday from 3 to 4 p.m. in the Illinois Room at the Holmes Student Center.