Financial aid workshop to answer student questions

By Jayna Ronayne

Students with questions concerning their financial aid forms can find answers at a financial aid workshop in the Holmes Student Center tonight.

The Student Committee On Financial Aid (SCOFA)in association with the Financial Aid Office will hold a question and answer session from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. in the student center, Room 505 for any students interested.

“Everyone complains about the financial aid system, but the main problem is students leaving their forms incomplete,” said Maurice Thomas, SCOFA adviser. “This workshop will make students aware of what has to be done on their forms.”

Thomas said it is vital for students to have the opportunity to have their forms correctly completed before the March 1 deadline in order to keep the process running smoothly.

“If students have a complete financial aid form, the process is successful. It won’t touch human hands and you can get notified within a reasonable time span,” he said.

Donna Martin, a financial aid counselor, said counselors will be on hand to answer any questions students have. She also said there will be a video tape on how to complete the 1992-1993 forms.

“It’s pretty much a one-on-one session. There won’t be a formal presentation, and we will have actual financial aid forms available,” Martin said.

SCOFA member Jennifer Sarro said no question is too small to be answered.

“People don’t have to stay the whole time if they don’t want to,” she said. “It’s just a way for anyone to have her

questions answered.”