DeKalb day planner: Sept 10

Getty Images

DeKalb’s 4th Annual Roar-In’ Car Show will take place from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday.

By Nyah Nowakowski, News Reporter

Here are some events happening on Saturday if you’re looking for something fun to do to celebrate the end of the first three weeks of classes. 

ROAR-IN’ CAR SHOW

Enjoy DeKalb’s 4th Annual Roar-In’ Car Show from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Admission is free to the public. There will be raffles, giveaways, and food from The Dirty Bird 815 and Lala’s Bagels, according to Experience DeKalb County. The car show will take place at 700 N Peace Rd.

NIU FOOTBALL AT TULSA

The Huskies will be in Tulsa, OK playing the first road game of the season against the Tulsa Golden Hurricanes. Kickoff is at 6 p.m. Video of the game can be streamed here and audio of the game can be streamed here.

STEMFEST 2022 SUBMISSIONS

NIU STEAM seeks submissions for their 13th annual STEM Fest event on Oct. 15. They’re looking for artists who use, connect, or fuse their artwork to science, technology, engineering and math. 

Scholarship prizes will be awarded for first and second place and their artwork will be displayed in the Glass Gallery at the Holmes Student Center during STEM Fest.

Students are responsible for dropping off their artwork before Oct. 7. Students can drop off their artwork from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Founders Memorial Library. Spend some time Saturday getting your work ready for submission if interested.