‘E.B.O.N.Y. Women’ focuses on self-love

Courtesy of E.B.O.N.Y. Women

E.B.O.N.Y. Women is a group on campus, founded in 2001, that aims to support, uplift and unify women on campus.

By Nyah Nowakowski, News Reporter

Everyone is aware of how challenging it can be to simply love themself in a world where the media repeatedly makes it challenging for us to do so. 

The student organization E.B.O.N.Y. Women is a group on campus, founded in 2001, that aims to support, uplift and unify women on campus. E.B.O.N.Y. stands for elite, bold, opulent, noble and young. This group also aims to help women care for and love themselves, gives women resources, teaches them how to pamper themselves and shows what it’s like to be in a sisterhood. 

“Every year we host a lot of events on campus supporting mental health and caring for yourself,” said Mitraya Williams, senior journalism major, co-programming share (a co-programming share takes care of all the events the organization hosts on campus). “We also hold weekly meetings to talk about what we need to do to further the group, and these meetings are called ‘sister circles.’” 

According to Huskie Hub, E.B.O.N.Y. Women meet at 7 p.m. every Wednesday.

At the beginning of the semester, students were able to apply for this organization and had to complete an interview before acceptance. There are 12 active students in E.B.O.N.Y. Women this semester, Williams said.