Results of SGA elections announced

SGA Senate The Student Government Association Senate unanimously approved its first senator for the semester at Sunday’s meeting.

Courtesy of NIU Student Government Association

Student Government Association logo

DeKALB – The Student Government Association elections closed Wednesday. The winners were announced Friday on SGA’s Instagram.

Voting was open for the executive branch positions of president, vice president, treasurer and trustee.

Voting was also open for legislative positions for the College of Engineering and Engineering Technology,  College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, graduate students, university at large, University Housing and underserved student communities.

All the winners in the executive branch were under the same ticket, titled NIUnited.

The SGA’s purpose is to represent the student body of NIU and hold elections annually.

SGA meetings are open to the public and held at 2 p.m. Fridays, with locations posted in the senate’s agendas. SGA minutes and intent to speak forms are available on Huskie Hub.

PRESIDENT

Olivia Newman, a junior public health administration major, won the position of president. Newman ran unopposed.

VICE PRESIDENT

Kaylin Lee, a junior music education major, won the position of vice president. Lee ran unopposed.

TRUSTEE

Tim Moore, a junior meteorology major with a minor in geography, won the position of trustee over his opponent Gavin Kent, a first-year pre-medical chemistry major.

TREASURER

Landon Larkin, a junior finance major with a minor in professional sales, won the position of treasurer over his opponent Yazan Masri, a junior pre-medical chemistry major.

UNIVERSITY AT LARGE

Paris Martin, a first-year biological science major and Alexia Musgraves, a sophomore public health administration major, won the seats for the University at Large. Both ran unopposed.

COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING AND ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY

Chris English, a junior mechanical engineering major and Cole Hensley, a junior engineering major, won the seats for the College of Engineering and Engineering Technology. Both ran unopposed.

UNIVERSITY HOUSING

Debbie Allen, a senior international relations major and Manny Corpuz, a junior mechatronics engineering major, won the seats for University Housing. Both ran unopposed.

COLLEGE OF LIBERAL ARTS AND SCIENCES

Eddie Guerrero, a first-year history major, won the seat for the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. He ran unopposed.

UNDERSERVED STUDENT COMMUNITIES

Maria Sofia, a graduate student in digital marketing and Nikhil Doddga, a first-year computer science major, won the seats for Underserved Student Communities. Both ran unopposed.

GRADUATE STUDENTS

Amaka Onebuune, a graduate in communication studies and Stanley Anukwuocha, a sophomore majoring in business administration, won the seats for the graduate students. Both ran unopposed.