DeKalb City Council election results trickle in

Nyla Owens

A sign denoting a polling location hangs from the door of Barsema Alumni and Visitors Center, the on-campus polling location for the consolidated election Tuesday in DeKalb. The election saw a 10% turnout for registered voters in DeKalb County. (Nyla Owens | Northern Star)

By Bridgette Fox, Written Managing Editor

Editor’s note: This piece will be updated to reflect the results as votes are counted. Unofficial results can be found on the DeKalb County website.

DeKALB – Elections for DeKalb City Council alderman in wards 1, 3, 5 and 7 were held Tuesday.

This information is compiled with unofficial county results on the DeKalb County clerk website. Results will most likely not be certified until mid-April.

Voter turnout was 10%, according to unofficial county results.

WARD 1

Incumbent Carolyn Morris is running unopposed for the 1st ward alderman seat.

WARD 3

Incumbent Tracy Smith is running against John Hadley for the 3rd ward alderman seat.

Of the 820 votes cast in the 3rd ward voting process, Smith has 34% of the vote and Hadley has 12%.

WARD 5

Incumbent Scott McAdams is running against write-in candidates Derek Van Buer and Thomas Riley for the 5th ward alderman seat.

Of the 964 votes cast in the 5th ward voting process, McAdams has 38% of the vote and the write-in candidates have a collective 8%.

WARD 7

John Walker is running against Thomas Boken for 7th ward alderman seat. Walker and Boken are newcomers. Previous 7th ward Alderman Anthony Faivre did not run for reelection.

Of the 218 votes cast, Walker has received 43%, and Boken has received 8%.