BREAKING: Car Crash on South 4th Street

A+white+SUV+was+part+of+a+two-vehicle+collision+Friday.+The+area+of+the+crash%2C+the+1500+block+of+South+Fourth+Street%2C+was+reopened+to+the+public+at+around+11%3A20+a.m.+%28Devin+Oommen+%7C+Northern+Star%29+%28edited%29+
Devin Oommen
A white SUV was part of a two-vehicle collision Friday. The area of the crash, the 1500 block of South Fourth Street, was reopened to the public at around 11:20 a.m. (Devin Oommen | Northern Star) (edited)

Editor’s note: This piece was updated at 11:50 a.m. to reflect the area of the accident is no longer blocked.

DeKALB – Around 10:09 a.m. Friday, a car crash occurred at the 1500 block of South Fourth Street. Two cars were involved, an SUV and a five-axle truck.

There was one person in each car, and one person was transported to the hospital.

“I do know one car was coming eastbound and the truck was going southbound,” said Sgt. Tony Kwasniewski, a DeKalb police officer on the scene. “It (the car) hit the back of the truck. The back axle of the trailer is damaged.” 

Fourth Street from Barb Boulevard to Ball Avenue was blocked off until around 11:20 a.m. The road is currently open, and motorists are free to drive around the 1500 block of South Fourth Street.

Details of the accident are currently being investigated by the DeKalb Police Department.