Music from Drake, meet-cute film to release next week

Drake attends the 2019 Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas. Drake’s new album “For All the Dogs” comes out Sept. 22 on all music streaming platforms. (Richard Shotwell/Invision/AP, File)

Be on the lookout for new music from famed rapper Drake, witness a new love story and get a feel for British schools next week.

“Love at First Sight”

For Hadley (Haley Lu Richardson) and Oliver (Ben Hardy), all it takes is one flight from New York to London to fall madly in love with each other. When the two strangers lose each other while going through customs, their love story will seem like it ended; but in the end, love always finds a way to pull two people back together. This meet-cute film releases Sept. 15 on Netflix and is based on the novel “The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight” by Jennifer E. Smith. A movie about two strangers experiencing what we all wish we could have can’t be a miss, especially for anyone who needs a good movie to smile at. 

“For All the Dogs”

After over a year of teasing it, Drake’s new album “For All the Dogs” will finally be released on Sept. 22. This will be his eighth studio album and will feature artists such as SZA, Bad Bunny and Nicki Minaj. The album cover depicts a drawing of a white dog with red eyes, hand-drawn by his son Adonis. Drake has stated that “For All the Dogs” will be an extension of his poetry collection “Titles Ruin Everything: A Stream of Consciousness.”

“Sex Education” SEASON 4

The fourth, final season of the hit British TV show “Sex Education” will premiere Sept. 21 on Netflix. The show is a comedy, focusing on a few different characters who all portray different aspects of the teenage experience. According to an Instagram post by the “Sex Education” writers, the show intends to make teenagers “feel a little less alone too.” This season, our main characters are now in college and are navigating a new, scary life different from the locker-filled halls of high school. Judging by the trailer, it looks like this season will still have lots of laugh-out-loud moments and British charm.  

“The Origin of Evil”

When a woman moves in with her father and his new family, she gets roped into a history of secrets as she learns about the women who live in the house with her. The movie already feels like “Knives Out,” especially the poster which pictures the family sitting and standing around the man of the house. For a twisted, deceitful film that comes out just in time for the Halloween season, consider watching the French film “Origin of Evil.” The movie releases on Sept. 22 in theaters.