Poll: Which on-campus restaurant is best?

(Courtesy of Getty Images)
A group of students eat a meal together outside. Which on-campus restaurant is your favorite? (Courtesy of Getty Images)

Food, undoubtedly, is both the bane of our existence and the reason we wake up in the morning. Sometimes, NIU dining halls just don’t cut it, or classes make it impossible to take the time to sit down and eat in the dining halls.  

Luckily, there are various restaurants on campus to give students more options. 

Which restaurant does it best? 

Regardless of if you’ve tried their food, the Holmes Student Center and the Founders Memorial Library are constantly buzzing with business for their restaurant establishments. From coffee and bagels to burgers and burritos, students have many options.

EINSTEIN BROS. BAGELS

Einstein Bros. Bagels serves students with a variety of coffees, teas and bagels. Some menu highlights are the All-Nighter Egg Breakfast Sandwich, Blackberry Lemonade and the Chocolate Cold Brew Shake. Its meal exchange plan is great for students with early morning classes. 

Located in the lower level of Founders Memorial Library, Einstein’s provides a quieter atmosphere than Holmes Students Center. With a variety of table space, it is a great spot if you want to get work done by yourself or visit with friends. 

QDOBA

If you aren’t in the mood for bagels and coffee, Qdoba is a Mexican grill style restaurant with many customizable options. From burritos to bowls, students can pick meat, vegetables, queso and guacamole to create their unique meal. With access to a variety of seating in Holmes Student Center, Qdoba is a hotspot for students getting lunch.

STARBUCKS

A coffee staple, Starbucks offers overpriced – but delicious – coffee for the NIU community. From breakfast sandwiches to frappuccinos, Starbucks is definitely one of the most visited food establishments on campus. 

All things pumpkin spice are coming to Starbucks for fall, and while we are all excited, make sure to plan your visit because there is always a long line during the week. 

HUSKIE DEN

Sometimes, our hunger goes beyond caramel macchiatos and ham and swiss croissants. Providing burgers, fries, chicken strips and shrimp, the Huskie Den is a great option for students looking for a heartier meal on campus. 

Sitting just above the bowling alley, one may hear the sounds of lively bowling, billiards and other games. 

THE DEPOT

The Depot is drink central for NIU, offering many types of beverages for students while also having snacks. This convenience store-like place allows the NIU community to stock up for their midnight snacks.

Located in Holmes Student Center, its snacks and drinks are reasonably priced. Additionally, it uses the meal exchange program for a sandwich/wrap/salad, water bottle and bag of chips. 

These options are great for when the dining halls just are not giving you what you want, but which offers the best food? 

This poll has ended.

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.