Studio A Cafe brings live music and drinks

DeKALB— Studio A Cafe is happening on Tuesday, Oct. 3, at the WNIJ’s Studio; Studio A Cafe is a free monthly lunch time event hosted by WNIJ that features music from local musicians and refreshments. 

October’s guest performance for Studio A will be the trio Erik C. Olson and The Gentlemen. The trio plays all sorts of jazz music and switches through a variety of instruments including, but not limited to, piano, double bass, drums and baritone saxophone. 

Eric C. Olson and The Gentlemen is a local group that originates from Rockford, Illinois. They have previously performed live for WNIJ in May of 2022.

Erik C. Olson has a passion for jazz music. He has written a book, “from Tridas to Tritons,” sharing his knowledge about jazz music, performance and theory. 

WNIJ is a local radio station in DeKalb that works with NIU closely to bring music and news to people in Northern Illinois. 

Studio A Cafe is a monthly event so even if you can’t make it to this month, you can attend Nov. 7, and every first Tuesday of the month from 12pm to 1pm. While the event is free, you still have to register online due to seating capacity limits. You can register and find out more information about WNIJ’s Studio A Cafe on their website