McGill earns MAC Co-Defensive Player of the Week

Scott Walstrom
Redshirt senior goalkeeper Sadie McGill jumps to save a Miami University shot attempt on Sunday. McGill was named the MAC Co-Defensive Player of the Week on Tuesday (Scott Walstrom | NIU Athletics)

DeKALB – Redshirt senior goalkeeper Sadie McGill was named the MAC Co-Defensive Player of the Week on Tuesday after leading the Huskies to two clean sheet victories.

McGill has recorded seven saves, two shutout victories, and zero allowed goals in two games. The Huskies defeated Eastern Michigan University 2-0 on Thursday and bested Miami University 1-0 on Sunday.

McGill has appeared in all 13 games for the Huskies during the 2023 season, accruing a 0.94 goals allowed per game average and a 0.755 save percentage.

The Fort Worth, Texas, native has totaled 37 saves on 105 shots faced this season. McGill has led the Huskies to five wins, the most for an NIU goalkeeper since 2017, according to an NIU Athletics press release.

NIU women’s soccer is currently sporting a three-game win streak and looks to extend it against the University at Buffalo. The Huskies will face the Bulls at 1 p.m. Thursday at the NIU Soccer and Track & Field Complex.