Liverpool Legends celebrate The Beatles’ 60th Anniversary in America

A red, blue and white poster depicts an outline of the Beatles behind the text “Liverpool Legends.” The Beatles cover band will perform for one night only at the Egyptian Theatre on Feb. 16. (Courtesy of Sarah Vargo)

Relive the British Invasion and get the complete Beatles experience.

The Grammy-nominated fab four of lads better known as the Liverpool Legends, will grace the Egyptian Theatre’s stage 8 p.m Saturday, Feb. 16. 

The quartet formed in 2005 after being cherry-picked by Louise Harrison – sister of Beatles member George Harrison. Liverpool Legends was formed to honor Harrison’s legacy and showcases the complete history of The Beatles. 

The Liverpool Legends have toured the world selling out shows in the U.S., Mexico, Canada, Israel, Ukraine and South America. The group has also headlined at Carnegie Hall where The Beatles performed in 1964.

The show follows shortly after the passing of Louise Harrison on Jan. 29 2023. She played an instrumental role in the “British Invasion” of The Beatles in the U.S.

In 1963 The Beatles did not have any footing in the States. However, Harrison was living in Southern Illinois and spoke frequently with The Beatles’ manager Brian Epstein about helping to break The Beatles in the U.S. 

Harrison went around with The Beatles’ records to Midwest radio stations in hopes of getting them to play their songs. She was met with rejections and successes but remained tenacious and determined. 

Lousie Harrison’s legacy lives on in the Liverpool Legends as the show is narrated by Harrison. Tickets range from $35 – $65, a $5 student discount available with ID, and can be purchased online or by calling the Box Office at 815-758-1215.