SGA executive board candidates to debate on Thursday

A podiums with a microphone sits behind red lettering reading “Student Government Association Debate.” SGA to host a debate for students running for president, vice president, treasurer and student trustee on Thursday. (Northern Star graphic)

DeKALB – NIU student politicians will gather Thursday in the Carl Sandburg Auditorium for the Student Government Association debate.

At 5 p.m. the debate will be held for students to hear from candidates before the election. Voting will take place March 25 to March 27.

The debate is open to all students. There is no registration required. 

The candidates for SGA president are Alexia Musgraves and Ja’kobe Jones. Vice president candidates are Khardell Phelps and James Innis. Treasurer candidates are Ryan Kramer and Venkata Madabattula. Student trustee candidates are Aidan O’Brien and Jeremiah Johnson. 

“Come out and support your fellow students as they share their ideas and plans for leading the SGA,” an SGA announcement said. 

For students who cannot vote in person, there will be a virtual option. A link to a virtual ballot will be sent to students’ email.