ALL IN Campus Democracy Challenge honors 137 students

Getty Images
A hand holds up a speakerphone next to the word “Vote” repeated in a blue cut-out. The ALL IN Campus Democracy Challenge, an initiative of non-profit Civic Nation, honored 137 students for contributing to voter registration on college campuses. (Courtesy of Getty Images)

DeKALB – The ALL IN Campus Democracy Challenge recognized 137 students for its third annual Student Voting Honor Roll, honoring students who advanced student voter registration on their campuses.

The honor roll recognizes students who excelled in increasing voter turnout and education at their universities. The ALL IN challenge is part of a national awards program that motivates colleges to promote student voter registration by employing student leadership. ALL IN is an initiative of Civic Nation, a nonprofit group with a mission to build a more inclusive and equitable America.

The honorees spanned 36 states and represented 20 community colleges, 20 Hispanic-Serving Institutions, eight Historically Black Colleges & Universities, and seven Asian American Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institutions.

Jennifer Domagal-Goldman, executive director of the ALL IN Campus Democracy Challenge, honored the student recipients and praised their work encouraging their fellow students to take part in elections.

Whether it’s a presidential election year or one with critical state and local races on the ballot, students have a powerful role to play in fostering active and engaged campuses and getting their peers to participate in our democracy,” Domagal-Goldman said. “These honorees hosted candidate information sessions, created guides on polling location accessibility, registered their peers to vote and so much more. We know these students will continue to make a difference in our democracy.”

Colleges have a hand in encouraging students to participate in the polls. A recent survey from CIRCLE showed that 86% of individuals under 35 who voted in 2022 and 72% of those who voted in 2020 consider themselves extremely likely to vote in 2024.

Over 1,000 institutions are enrolled in the ALL IN challenge featuring 10 million students in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.