Campus blotter for 10/08/10

By Northern Star Staff

The following was taken from the University Police. Anyone mentioned is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The University Police Department provides police reports on the Web at finfacil.niu.edu/PublicSafety.

WEDNESDAY

At 4:10 p.m., a battery was reported to have taken place in Douglas Hall. Two friends got into a physical altercation. One was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for battery.

At 8:52 p.m., an officer took a report of threatening comments by one student to another student. The offender was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for disorderly conduct. Both were banned from all contact with each other for 24 hours.

At 9:30 p.m., a student was discovered smoking marijuana by the west side doors of Lincoln Hall. He was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for possession of cannabis 30 grams and under.

At 10:53 p.m., officers proceeded to Stevenson North to conduct an interview with subjects suspected of drug activity. After approaching a particular room, one roommate revealed a small quantity of cannabis. This case is pending investigation.

At 11:18 p.m., a student reported that an ex-boyfriend allegedly tampered with her Facebook and e-mail accounts. This case is pending

investigation.

At 11:46 p.m., officers on a building check of Stevenson North D Tower smelled the odor of burnt cannabis emanating from a room. Contact with the occupants of that room revealed a pipe and a small quantity of cannabis on one occupant. She was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for possession of cannabis under 30 grams and possession of drug equipment. Officers also noticed a glass bottle of Moscato wine. It was claimed by the other occupant. She was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for unlawful consumption of alcohol.

THURSDAY

At 3:39 p.m., a student reported that she lost her keys and NIU OneCard at an event at the Convocation Center on Sept. 25. She stated that a male returned her NIU OneCard which she later found had been fraudulently used. Pending further information and cooperation from the complainant, this case is administratively closed.