A guide to attending NIU sporting events

Attention Huskies: It’s that time of year again to cheer on NIU’s athletes! NIU has three primary athletic facilities on campus: Huskie Stadium, the Convocation Center and the Soccer and Track & Field Complex.

NIU students can attend any home event for free with their OneCard. Students can claim their tickets through Paciolan, NIU’s new ticket provider. Tickets can be received on your phone via text, and it even allows for easy ticket transfers between guests.

All NIU sports venues tend to share the same policies, so check online if you aren’t sure what is prohibited. Visitors planning on bringing a bag should ensure that it meets facility requirements. If you check online, pictures of acceptable bags are shown, such as small clutches, clear totes and plastic bags.

Rules at Huskie Stadium

Huskie Stadium is home to the NIU football team. Ticket prices range from $23 to $35 on the West grandstand and $18 to $30 on the East grandstand. If you are an avid football fan, season ticket options are available as well.

Plan on stepping out during the game? Be careful, because you can’t re-enter after the third quarter starts. Also, fans want to be the loudest when cheering on their team, but noisemakers and horns are not allowed in the stadium.

Coolers, food and cans are not allowed in the stadium, but fans can go to The Yard for a tailgate before every game! The Yard, located on the West Lawn, is the place to meet current and former NIU football student athletes while enjoying food and music. The Yard opens three hours prior to kick off, and ends 30 minutes prior to kick off.

The Convocation Center, Soccer and Track & Field Complex

NIU’s volleyball and basketball teams can be found at the Convocation Center. All tickets can be purchased at the Convocation Center ticket office located at Entrance Two. Single day tickets for men’s basketball reserved seats are available for $10, while general admission tickets are $8. For women’s basketball, Single game reserved seats are $8, and general admission is $5.

If  you want to catch a volleyball game, then you can get in with a $6 ticket. Season ticket options are also available for our sports fans who never miss a game.

The Track and Field and Soccer Complex, located just west of the Convocation Center, hosts NIU’s men’s and women’s soccer home matches. The events are free of charge for all spectators.

Now that you know where to go and how to get in, go support your fellow Huskies this semester!