NIU volleyball to host 4 camps in July

Northern Star File Photo

Outside hitter Katie Jablonski (center) and middle blocker Sammi Lockwood attempt to block an attack from Ball State’s opposite hitter Natalie Mitchem during NIU volleyball’s Friday night match at Victor E. Court. NIU volleyball will host four training camps in July. (Northern Star File Photo)

By Zack Rodriguez, Sports Reporter

DeKALB-  NIU volleyball is set to host multiple volleyball camps this July. The camp is designed to instill and improve a multitude of different skills. NIU will host four separate camps: serving, skills, elite and team. 

SERVING CAMP

The serving camp is set to kick off July 19 and is open to ages 10-18. This is a one-day event designed to teach and improve only serving skills. This camp is commuter-only. 

SKILLS CAMP 

The skills camp will take place from July 12 to July 13 and is available for ages 10-18. This two-day camp is a comprehensive experience designed to teach and improve all skills (i.e. setting. Hitting, blocking, serving, etc.). Much like the serving camp, this event is open to commuters only.

ELITE CAMP

The elite camp will be held from July 17 to July 18 and is open to high schoolers only (grades 9-12). This two-day camp is designed to teach campers high-level skills required at the collegiate level. 

TEAM CAMP

The team camp will be held from July 15 to July 16 and is targeted at high school players only. This camp provides an opportunity for players to practice with and against other teams, in preparation for the high school season. 

Those participating in commuter-only camps (serving camp and skills camp), will have to bring water bottles (water and Gatorade will be provided), t-shirts, shorts and/or spandex, socks, kneepads and competition/athletic shoes. 

Resident campers are prompted to supply water bottles, t-shirts, shorts and/or spandex, socks, kneepads, competition/athletic shoes, toiletries, bedding and towels for showering. 

For more information, visit the camp website or email [email protected] with any questions.