Football to face NC State, Ohio State

Nyla Owens
The Huskies offensive line has a team discussion in the third quarter on Sept. 9 against Southern Illinois University. The Huskies were defeated 14-11. (Nyla Owens | Northern Star)

DeKALB – NIU football has announced that they will be playing at North Carolina State University in 2024 and will be playing at Ohio State University in 2028. 

This will be the second time in school history that NIU will play the North Carolina State Wolfpack, and the first time the two schools will play since 1997. 

In addition to traveling to North Carolina to take on the Wolfpack, the Huskies will play Western Illinois University, the University of Notre Dame and the University of Massachusetts for the remainder of their 2024 non-conference games.

This will be the third time in school history that NIU will play the Ohio State State Buckeyes, and the first time since 2015. In both the 2006 and 2015 matchups, the Buckeyes were ranked No.1 in the country. 

The Huskies will be looking for their first win against both North Carolina State and Ohio State. 

The 2023 Huskies (1-4, 0-1 MAC) play their second conference game at 2:30 p.m. Saturday at InfoCision Stadium against the University of Akron Zips, (1-4, 0-1 MAC) in search of their first conference victory. The game will be televised on ESPN+ and live stats will be available via SideArm Stats.