DeKalb P.R.I.D.E. awards looking for submissions

A group of Canadian geese gather on the edge of the lagoon on Nov. 1, 2021. The DeKalb’s Citizens’ Environmental Commision is accepting nominations for its 2023 P.R.I.D.E. awards. (Northern Star File Photo)

DeKALB – DeKalb’s Citizens’ Environmental Commission are now accepting nominations for the 2023 P.R.I.D.E. awards. 

Not to be confused for LGBTQ+ Pride, the P.R.I.D.E. awards are dedicated to People Responsible for Improving DeKalb’s Environment.

The commission is looking for residents, organizations or programs that have improved the quality of life in DeKalb through projects, activities or programs. 

Those that emphasize resource conservation, energy efficiency, beatification, waste reduction or increasing public awareness regarding knowledge of specific environmental issues are eligible for nomination. 

Nominations are expected until Nov. 30 via the City of DeKalb’s website. Recipients of the award will be invited to a Citizen’s Environmental Commission meeting to receive the recognition.